As it is now 0001 Jan 1st 2014 UTC I’d like to wish a very Happy New Year to all my readers. Hopefully I will have some exciting and different aircraft to b(log) this year and hopefully one of the first will be the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner due in Auckland 4th January. I’ll be listening out on HF and monitoring HFDL as well so stay tuned!
- 0256 UTC 13261kHz DAL16 (SYD-LAX) calls Nadi, Nadi replies SELCAL check and DAL16 gives the code as ABDG (DAL B772 N702DN), SELCAL check is good
- 0448 UTC 8867kHz VH-VDX (Global Express Pratt Aviation) calls Auckland and Auckland advises continue on CPDLC HF primary is 8867 secondary 5643 SELCAL check. No SELCAL decoder today as the FCDPP is tied up on VDL2 duties and reception is not so good with the AR3000.
- 0455 UTC 8867kHz VH-VDX reports current position but unable to copy that but next position S42 W170 at 0548 at FL380. Auckland asks if they will be reporting via CPDLC but again unable to copy reply. It looks like this flight is headed across the South Pacific
- 2153 UTC 8867kHz Auckland hears N797KK and replies Auckland guard primary 8867 secondary 13261 at ELGAN contact Brisbane on 13261 SELCAL check. My decoder says the SELCAL is CHDF
- 2158 UTC 8867kHz Auckland hears N777KK and replies Auckland guard primary 8867 secondary 13261 at ELGAN contact Brisbane on 13261 SELCAL check. SELCAL not decoded