- 0806Z 6556kHz Brisbane working Royal Thai Airforce ???? with a SELCAL check on LSKQ (RTA C130 60111) and I heard Brisbane ask for the number of aircraft in the formation
- 0820Z 8906kHz Santa Maria working TAM8064 (Sao Paulo-Madrid) and advising this frequency is primary, secondary 8825 and at position LUTAK contact VHF 131.325 and a SELCAL check is done on HPJR (TAM A350 PR-XTA)
For the past few weeks or so since moving to a new home I have been plagued by interference and I suspected the culprit to be a newly acquired Elad FDM-S1. After getting really frustrated with it I decided to go back to old school ways and get a desktop receiver, hence my previous post on the Icom IC-R71.
Well, I found exactly the same issue when I connected it up tot he mains and the antenna. Realising then that the issue was external to my receiver and antenna I set to work shutting off electrical items one by one in the home and garage.
I found the problem! It was an ADS-B receiver supplied by FR24.com and if this was turned off all of a sudden my HF receiver became extremely quiet!
So now all I have to do is find out why the receiver or it’s ethernet connection generate so much noise, but in the meantime happy days on HF at last. Now for the first time my ears are very happy.
In the meantime I have removed the ADS-b and Mode-S logs off until further notice.Read More
- 0909Z 8891kHz Gander Radio reads back position report from RJA267 (AMM-YUL) as 59N 50W 0904 ALTOD ???? HO next. Gander says at 55W contact Gander on 128.22
- 0735Z 5643kHz Nadi advises FJI940 (SYD-SUV) at 0745 contact Nadi on 119.1
- 0736Z 5643kHz FJI915 (NAN-SYD) advises Nadi level FL360 and estimate 25S 170E at time 0814
- 0737Z 5643kHz UA840 (SYD-LAX) calls Auckland and advises on CPDLC, Auckland replies secondary is 8867, no SELCAL heard as Auckland is very very weak here tonight
- 0738Z 5643kHz UA870 (SYD-SFO) call Nadi and advises they are CPDLC. Nadi advises primary 5643, secondary 8867 SELCAL check on ARBF (UAL B772 N782UA)
- 0835Z 8867kHz ANZ706 (SYD-AKL) calls Brisbane and reports WALTZ 0834 ESKEL 0904 LUNBI next. Brisbane replies at ESKEL contact Auckland on 5643
- 0745Z 8906kHz Santa Maria reads back RYR53CB (LPL-TFS) position report GONAN 0744 FL350 40N 16W 0824 NAVIX next. Aircraft not heard.
- 0953Z 8951kHz Tokyo SELCALs and advises DAL588 (PVG-SEA) to maintain Mach decimal 82 or greater. DAL588 reads back. SELCAL code was CEBK (DAL A332 N851NW)
- 1008Z 8867kHz ANZ9 (HNL-AKL) reports CHEEM 1006 FL320 CROBY 1118 CEBUR next temperature -40 wind 257/25. San Francisco advises this is primary secondary 5643 and provides a SELCAL check on DJGS (ANZ B763 ZK-NCG)
- 1041Z 5643kHz CSN306 (AKL-CAN) calls Auckland. Auckland advises to continue on CPDLC and provides a SELCAL check on BEAR. CSN306 also requests left of track 10nm due weather
- 1056Z 8903kHz Tokyo works GIA886 (DPS-HND) CPDLC and provides a SELCAL check on MSGP (GIA A332 PK-GPI)
- 0526Z 8867kHz ACA034 (SYD-YVR) calls San Francisco and advises they are a B777 registration C-FIUA. San Francisco advises this primary 5643 secondary and at 20N primary is 5547 and backup is 6673. ACA034 reads back correctly
- 0528Z 8867kHz N871EU (Beechcraft King Air GTi350) advises Auckland they are level FL280
- 0529Z 8867kHz LAN800 (AKL-SCL) calls AUckland who advises them to continue on CPDLC and provides a SELCAL check on KRDH (LAN A343 C-CQC). LAN800 request if Auckland are seeing their CPDLC messages and Auckland advises yes your log on is good
- 0540 8867kHz VOZ91 (AKL-APW) advises Auckland MOMTA 0540 FL350 REPOL 0619 TBU next and request block FL350-FL370. Auckland is now weak and barely readable
- 0600Z 8867kHz LAN800 advises Auckland that they have lost CPDLC and will report positions on HF. Auckland rogers and advises secondary is 13261
- 0900Z 8867kHz Brisbane advises FJI931 (NAN-MEL) to climb FL360 and report level FL360 to Brisbane on VHF 124.95. FJI931 reads back correctly
- 0934Z 8822kHz Flightwatch advises VOZ9307 (YPPH-YOLW) that fightwatch terminated
- 1145Z 8867kHz FJI431 (SUV-AKL) reports ATLUR FL390 1144 AGREX 1219 Auckland next. AUckland advises at AGREX contact AUckland control on 123.9
- 0705Z 8864kHz Iceland Radio working UAE238 (BOS-DXB) and mentioning 3057 and may have been referring to a squawk code as the flight was approaching the boundary between Gander OCA and Rekyavik FIR
- 0756Z 8906kHz Santa Maria working LV-CCW (Bombardier 605 Challenger) and will call them back
- 0809Z 8906kHz Santa Maria calls LV-CCW and advises oceanic clearance to KBGR (Bangor, Maine) is via 45N20W, 45N30W, 46N40W, 46N50W URTAK
- 0833Z 8891kHz Gander says to DLH423 (BOS-FRA) that ATC requests their 50W position report. DLH423 advises and Gander reads back 45N50W FL370 45N40W 0906 43N30W next
- 0811Z 8906kHz Santa Maria reads back position report from N333EC (KOPF-LEMD) and provides a SELCAL check on KLBQ (Flying Falcon G-IVSP N333EC)
- 0948Z 8951kHz RCH5033 calls San Francisco. Tokyo advises to contact SFO on 5628
- 0950Z 5628kHz RCH5033 calls San Francisco and San Francisco advises this i primary secondary 6622
- 0742Z 8891kHz Gander clears GLJ98RM (Global Jet Austria) to climb (FL not copied)
- 0744Z 8891kHz AIC191 (BOM-EWR) contacts Gander and advises logged on with Gander CPDLC. Gander advises that AIC191 will receive their domestic frequency via CPDLC. SELCAL check is good on DSER (AIC B773 VT-ALR)
- 0813Z 8843kHz Flightwatch calls (VH-)LHG (CHC Helicopters AS32) and advises that traffic callsign Customs 99 is descending for operations 5,000 feet and below
- 0834Z 8891kHz Gander working UAE221 (DXB-DFW), aircraft faintly heard reporting CPDLC. There is something mentioned about YRT (NW Hudson Bay reporting point (VOR)) and SELCAL check on ELFR is good
- 0836Z 8891kHz Gander working BAW288 (PHX-LHR) on SELCAL code BRAD (BAW 744 G-BNLV)
- 0855Z 5643kHz JST189 (OOL-CHC) RUNOD 0855 FL350 KABKA 1002 CHC next Auckland advises primary 5643 secondary 8867 at KABKA contact Chirstchurch 128.1 SELCAL check on ARMQ (JST A320 VH-VGO) is good
- 0856Z 5643kHz VOZ107 (WLG-BNE) TANEN 0855 FL360 ????? 0915 RUNOD next SELCAL check on JSHM (VOZ B738 ZK-PBF) is good
- 0908Z 8891kHz Gander provides a SELCAL check on PQAE for callsign HB-JRG (Premium Jet C604)